Either that's a BSOD or it is just stuck.

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

dragonslay

Either that's a BSOD or it is just stuck.

Post by dragonslay »

When I tried installing reactos, it didn't seem to boot. It shows a BSOD, but get's stuck at blue.sys. My system is PII 30 megs of ram if that helps.
dragonslay

Post by dragonslay »

Sorry for the double post, but if the 30 mb of ram is the problem, would making a temporary swap partition for installation solve it?
Gasmann

Post by Gasmann »

dragonslay wrote:Sorry for the double post, but if the 30 mb of ram is the problem, would making a temporary swap partition for installation solve it?
That's not possible atm, cause ReactOS can't use swapfiles/-partitions yet. However, I doubt it's the RAM's fault.
Is the system you're installing to a notebook?
dragonslay

Post by dragonslay »

gasmann wrote:
dragonslay wrote:Sorry for the double post, but if the 30 mb of ram is the problem, would making a temporary swap partition for installation solve it?
That's not possible atm, cause ReactOS can't use swapfiles/-partitions yet. However, I doubt it's the RAM's fault.
Is the system you're installing to a notebook?
I am not installing to a notebook, although I may be getting a 40 mb pentium 90 laptop I will install reactos to.

I may have figured out the problem. I have an scsi harddrive, and I hear there are problems with them, and I hear you can trick reactos/NT into using the scsi harddrive.

I have Linux, just incase I need to install reactos with it.
AcetoliNe

Post by AcetoliNe »

I believe the RAM may be your problem. I have personally found out that ros (at least the latest SVN) needs at least 80MB of RAM to install properly. The problem is with the installer (it tries to load huge files into memory to speed up the installation process).
caveman LIKES chocolate.
we shall reinvent the wheel until it turns properly.