Main article: Translation Introduction
- If the primary language has only one sublanguage, use
We highly recommend using
SUBLANG_DEFAULThere, but to retain compatibility with the Wine Sublang Rules we also allow using
SUBLANG_NEUTRAL. This means that you also shouldn't change
SUBLANG_DEFAULTin a component we share with Wine.
- If the primary language has more than one sublanguage and we have no general translation for this primary language yet, use
SUBLANG_NEUTRALfor the general translation.
- If the primary language has more than one sublanguage, we already have a general translation for this primary language and you want to add a translation specifically for this sublanguage, use SUBLANG_SubLanguageName for this specific translation.
Exceptions of these Rules
- If the primary language is
LANG_ENGLISHand you want to add a general english translation, you have to use
Every file, which contains translations, should have a
SUBLANG_ENGLISH_UStranslation as this is also used as a fallback.
LANG_IRISH, you cannot use
SUBLANG_DEFAULT. In this case, you have to use
- If you want to add a chinese translation, decide on either
As both languages differ very much in the used alphabet, we should set no default or neutral language here.