ReactOS Hackfest 2019
The ReactOS Hackfest goes into its fourth round! Join us again from Thursday, 15th August to Tuesday, 20th August 2019 in the capital of Germany. Let's hack the week away improving ReactOS, killing 50+ open PRs, and enjoying some beers together :)
It is now time to plan your trip! Flights and train tickets won't get cheaper.
- Date: Thursday, 15th August to Tuesday, 20th August 2019
Individual Network Berlin e.V.
Lehrter Straße 53
- YOU decide what we focus on during these days. Add your ideas to the Wiki page!
- Look how it was last time: ReactOS Hackfest 2018
What you should bring
- Your development laptop and additional ReactOS testing laptops if required. If you bring a desktop computer or need another computer/laptop, please put that on the list.
- An Ethernet cable if you need wired Internet access.
Travelling to Berlin
Berlin currently has two international airports, Berlin-Tegel (TXL) and Berlin-Schönefeld (SXF). Reaching the event takes about the same time by public transport, so you can freely choose an airport based on the flights.
By public transport
The location is just next to the bus stops Kruppstr. (Berlin) and Quitzowstr. (Berlin). Even a walk from Berlin's central train station (Berlin Hauptbahnhof) is just 20 minutes.
Parking close to the event and in most spots in Berlin may be subject to high fees, so I highly recommend going by public transport.
The A&O Berlin Hauptbahnhof (Lehrter Straße 12) is an affordable hostel close to the event. It should be the best option for most participants.
Ballhaus Berlin Hostel (Chausseestraße 102) could be a good low-cost alternative based on the experience of Alexander Rechitskiy, but the distance from the hackathon is a little further than in case of A&O.
Please contact Colin if you need financial support for your travel and accommodation expenses. ReactOS Deutschland e.V. is able to cover some. Participation mustn't be a matter of your financial situation.
Ideas and attendees
If you have any open questions, please send an E-Mail to email@example.com