ReactOS Xbox port targets the original Microsoft's Xbox gaming console, which is based on a custom Intel Pentium III processor that ReactOS could support.
- The port was started by Gé van Geldorp at r11926 and firstly got into ReactOS 0.2.5, but has since regressed and is unmaintained.
- In ReactOS 0.3.0 Xbox's I2C support was moved to a separate file, and support of LEDs switching was added by Aleksey Bragin.
- In ReactOS 0.3.4 boot regression was fixed by Hervé Poussineau, but still no support for USB keyboard/mouse.
- Xbox port revival was suggested at Google Summer of Code 2010 ideas.
- Xbox executable support was suggested as Google Summer of Code 2019 idea.
- Undocumented hardware components that need drivers.
- Lack of people with low-level programming and reverse engineering skills.
- Microsoft has discontinued original Xbox since 2006, so few people with a working console left, and their number is decreasing.
- Xbox HAL exists. See halxbox module.
- Support for FATX file system exists in freeloader, fastfat driver, and ufatx module. See File Systems#FAQ and ReactOS Git grep.
- Basic video miniport driver for nVidia NV2A GPU (
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_02A0) exists. See xboxdisp.inf and xboxvmp module.
- Custom Cromwell BIOS previously existed in the repository. See boot/xbox/cromwell.
- Other commits related to Xbox port development.
- https://svn.reactos.org/downloads/xbox/ - ReactOS Xbox port prebuilt binaries (very old)
XQEMU project can be used to virtualize target platform and to test ReactOS Xbox port on a regular PC by using emulation.
People who have an original Xbox
- The Xbox Operating System explained by Garry Trinder
- ReactOS on Xbox notes by Matt Borgerson
- ReactOS Xbox port fixes by Matt Borgerson
- Implementing nVidia NVNet driver (
- Run Xbox Games on ReactOS
- ReactOS Forum topic
- An article on Slashdot
- Porting an Operating System to the Xbox HOWTO
- Xbox nForce Chipset
|In active development||Intel IA-32 (x86) | AMD64 (x64)|
|Unmaintained||ARM32 (armv7) | PowerPC (ppc) | OLPC (x86) | Xbox (x86)|
|Missing ports that Windows has||ARM64 (aarch64) | Intel IA-64 (Itanium) | SGI 320/540 (x86) | NEC PC-98 (x86)|