[ros-dev] ROS System Updater

Rick Langschultz rlangschultz at cox.net
Thu Apr 28 12:07:56 CEST 2005

I have a simple request for when ReactOS wants to add updates to system
software when Service Packs and Updates become available.

I think that a ReactOS computer should utilize a small system service that
indexes file version numbers, indexes them on importance, size, type, and
other information. This can be done on a flatfile, XML, or a SQL Database
connection. Then the server sends reponses back to the computer offering
service packs, files, device drivers, etc.

I think that kind of system will allow easy updates to ReactOs on users
computers while not having to reinstall or reformat.

Something like up2date, or mac os x¹s update program. The system can maybe
support rollback of files.

Just an idea.