[ros-dev] Symbolic Links

tobitosso patriciak784-ros at yahoo.de
Sun Dec 4 09:41:01 CET 2005

I think the main problem when using the registry is
that the registry is part of the system itself and so
is alwalys saved on the system partition. If you
install ReactOS multiple times, you cannot have access
to the symbolic links created by another system.
So a part of the registry would have to be on every
logical partition affected by symbolic links. The
symbolic link has to be saved on the partition where
the real file is and on the partition where the
symbolic file is.
And you have to solve another problem: If someone
changes the partiton table, all names of the
partitions (like H: and also PhysicalDrivex) are
changed. So all symbolic links that go to another
partition couldn't be used any more.

tobitosso