[ros-dev] Univesal ATA Driver + Source

James Tabor jimtabor at adsl-64-217-116-74.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net
Sat Jun 4 01:33:31 CEST 2005

Jonathan Wilson wrote:
> What licence is this code under? I cant see any mention in the source or
> website, we should make sure it is ok to use in ReactOS first before we
> go and use it...

I looked at the source and all I see is this,

/*++

Copyright (c) 2002-2005 Alexandr A. Telyatnikov (Alter)

Module Name:
     atapi.h

Abstract:
     This file contains IDE, ATA, ATAPI and SCSI Miniport definitions
     and function prototypes.

Author:
     Alexander A. Telyatnikov (Alter)

Environment:
     kernel mode only

Notes:

     THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR
     IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES
     OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
     IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
     INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT
     NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
     DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY
     THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
     (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF
     THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Revision History:

     Some definitions were taken from standard ATAPI.SYS sources from NT4 DDK by
          Mike Glass (MGlass)

     Some definitions were taken from FreeBSD 4.3-4.6 ATA driver by
          Søren Schmidt, Copyright (c) 1998,1999,2000,2001

     Code was changed/updated by
          Alter, Copyright (c) 2002-2004

--*/

And this from the todo.txt,