[ros-dev] Does ROS currently support Ext2?

TwoTailedFox twotailedfox at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 01:24:36 CEST 2005

*nods*

If I understand the Ext2/Ext3 relationship correctly, you can mount an
Ext3 filesystem as Ext2, it just won't have a Journal... it should
suffice as temporary Ext3 support, until proper Journal support is
written.

I've another mailing list Q&A regarding a system freezing using Ext2,
and large file copying taking place. It pointed to a problem in the
IDE Interface that occurs when large amounts of data flow through it.
So, it could be a data bottleneck that causes the freezing to occur.

--
"I had a handle on life, but then it broke"