[ros-dev] Re: New OS built on ReactOS and WinuxOS technology!

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Sun Jun 5 12:51:07 CEST 2005

Rafal Kupiec wrote:

>I hope so.
>Thanks!

Rafal,

I am checking out your kernel code (because what's what I work in) and I
noticed you've removed all notices of my copyright on those files. I
cannot speak for other developers, but for myself, I am disgusted and
pissed. I retain all copyright on the code that I've written (which
means about 40% of your kernel) and I demand for my name and contact
information to be re-added to your sources. What you are doing is
illegal under copyright law. You cannot take a book, rip out the
copyright notice and write "WRITTEN BY RAFAL KUPIEC".
I am willing to assume that you've made an honest mistake. I'm hoping
that you will change the files which contain my copyright on them to
reflect this. I assume other developers would want the same, but I
cannot legally speak up for them.

Best regards,
Alex Ionescu