[ros-dev] PPC Port of ReactOS Not Needed?

TwoTailedFox twotailedfox at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 21:29:46 CEST 2005

This is where he got the information from:

http://www.betanews.com/article/Apple_Announces_Switch_to_Intel_Chips/1118079654#c64808

Apple is indeed switching to x86. Mac OX X 10.5 (Codename 'Leopard')
will be the first MacOS X Version to be available for x86. And Apple
has had MacOS compiled for the x86 for 5 years.

And this makes me wonder: What now for the usefulness of PearPC?

On 6/6/05, David Johnson <davidjohnson.johnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Where did you get your information?
>
> Apple is not going to change to Pent. 4 X86 platform. Microsoft is
> switching to PPC. (XBOX) Sony is PPC also with PS3 and Nintendo has
> been PPC for along time. Also PPC is a lot more scalable than x86.
> Rumor has it Longhorn has a PPC port being developed in parallel.
>
> No apple did have MacOS running on x86 called project Startrek.
>
> That was before OSX.
>
> On 6/6/05, mail.comcast.net <eek2121 at comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > With the news that new Macs will be Pentium 4 based (yes, not just intel,
> > but Pentium 4 based) I have to wonder, Would it be worthwhile to continue
> > working on a port of ROS to PPC?
> >
> > Richard
> >

> --
> David Johnson
> http://www.davefilms.us

"I had a handle on life, but then it broke"