[ros-dev] Pissoff hotlix

Quandary ai2097 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 08:07:53 CEST 2005

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 09:37:04AM -0400, Brandon
Turner wrote:
> Why do you consider an altered copyright notice
> appropriate?

Good question.

It doesn't matter whether I think it's appropriate or
not. It's not for me to decide, and to the best of my
knowledge, I have not expressed an opinion one way or
the other about thinking that it is or isn't
appropriate.

However, it is up to us to prove that it's explicitly
*not* appropriate (i.e., that they have broken the
license). Because "appropriate" isn't defined in the
license itself, we must rely on a combination of legal
precedence and juristiction-specific law. I am not a
lawyer, so I can't tell you what "appropriate" means.
Thus, until we have proof to the contrary, it must be
assumed to be appropriate.

-- Travis

<snipped for sanity's sake>