[ros-dev] A reimplementation of reactos' cache manager supporting alternate filesystems better (including ext2)

Love Nystrom love.nystrom at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 09:18:02 CET 2009

Brian wrote:
> i was always under the impression that having a swap
> partition meant that you did not have to hassle with the file system
> allowing for marginal performance boosts.
That is generally true. In theory, APIs to access a swap partition can be
implemented to use the disk device driver directly, removing the additional
processing incurred by file systems drivers.

In practice on NT, I believe the proper way is to implement a swap
file system driver, which can be made more efficient than regular
file systems drivers.