[ros-general] Re: NTobject namespace (was: "Interest in ReactOS" / "Drive letters")

Martin Fuchs martin-fuchs at gmx.net
Sun Feb 1 10:00:38 UTC 2004

> Hey, this looks really nice!
> And if these \?\... names are taken by apps (which should be) it would
> imply that we may have also other "drive letters". For instance whole words.

Well, the syntax is a bit more complicated, for example \\?\c:\reactos, but it
would be possible to implement longer drive names this way.
Of course there are some limitations. The API function GetLogicalDrive()
is only capable to return a bit mask of existing drive letters. (max. 26 out of 32)
But this is already superseded by GetLogicalDriveStrings(), which would be
compatible to "drive words".

Regards,

   Martin