[ros-general] ROS on the $100 Laptop?

Tom Lee Mullins tomleem at comcast.net
Sat Jan 7 16:02:25 UTC 2006

Ivan Vodopiviz wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> Since ROS is still in alpha stage, I don't think it's ready for such a
> task yet. There are a lot of features not implemented yet in ROS, and
> it needs a lot of debugging and testing.
>
> Cya!
>

> On 1/4/06, *Tom Lee Mullins* <tomleem at comcast.net
> <mailto:tomleem at comcast.net>> wrote:
>
>     http://laptop.media.mit.edu/
>     I sent them an e-mail about using ReactOS on their
>     $100 laptop. It could run Win programs (probably
>     more needed by students).
>     laptop @ media . mit . edu
>     Could ROS be a viable alternative to using Linux?

Since it is an MIT project ($100 laptop), one would think
it would be a challenge for the computer science/programmers
at the college to take the source code of ROS and make it
more useful for such projects(?).

TomLeeM / BigWarpGuy * * * * * *  * * * * * * * *
 * * Director  of Communications - * - Linkmaster  *  *
* *  OS/2 Warp - eComStation Org * * OS/2 World *  *
 * * http://www.os2ecs.org  * * http://www.os2world.com  * *
* * Supporting Past OS/2 Uers and Future eCS Users * *