[ros-kernel] Previously undocummented static control style

Waldo Alvarez Cañizares - another buried alive wac at ghost.matcom.uh.cu
Mon Oct 27 08:44:53 CET 2003

Hi again ppl:

Tampering with messagebox in Windows 2k i've noticed that they use a kind
of static control that draws text as does DrawText with DT_EDITCONTROL
format. Spy++ reveals the style as 0x00002000

now looking at a more recent MSDN release (Jul 2003). Well here it comes

"SS_EDITCONTROL Windows 2000: Specifies that the static control duplicates
the text-displaying characteristics of a multiline edit control.
Specifically, the average character width is calculated in the same manner
as with an edit control, and the function does not display a partially
visible last line."

The one I have does not have this documentented (Apr 2001)

I have taken a look at static control implementation and it does no
appears to have this style implemented. Seems very easy to implement it.

I don't know if mingw headers have this style defined.

Best Regards
Waldo