[ros-kernel] Freeldr issue

Jeff Smith beta_guy at telus.net
Thu Oct 30 00:09:14 CET 2003

this isn't a bug so much as a problemI installed ReactOS on a friends computer, he uses Windows 98, and the setup crash just as it was writing freeldr.sys file to the HD, anyways he was left without a working computer because it had rewritten the master boot record, and since it could find freeldr.sys my friend was screwed. I was hoping that perhaps some one could find a more Windows 98 friendly way of installing ReactOS, on NT/2000/XP it adds itself to the boot.ini not problems, maybe we can do something like that with Windows 98.

He's really interested in trying out ReactOS, I was even going to show him Solitaire under ReactOS :-)

(BTW I fixed the problem with a Win98 boot disk, but he wasn't able to get ReactOS running.)