[ros-kernel] More on 0.2

Jason Filby jasonfilby at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 00:02:34 CET 2004

Hi all

Firstly, for the binary zip and image files we usually release, this
will have to be done from an installation that has been created via
the ISO. This is because the setup program now does things that the
make install does not, for instance, creating the command prompt
shortcut. Its tempting to only have to release the ISO and source,
but I'm sure someone out there wouldn't like that.

With regards to the win32api that is a separate download: why not
make a 0.2-win32api branch. Then those developers that wish to try
and get the latest win32api into 0.2 in time for release can have a
go at it. I would certainly make time to assist in this effort.

Cheers
Jason