[ros-kernel] OpenGL

Royce Mitchell III royce3 at ev1.net
Sat Jan 31 00:57:44 CET 2004

blight and I have been doing a little bit of research on OpenGL for
Steven, and I think getting OpenGL support into ReactOS is going to be a
piece of cake (relatively speaking).

I've put my notes up on the wiki:

    http://mok.lvcm.com/cgi-bin/reactos/roswiki?OpenGL

1) We can pull in Mesa for the software/generic implementation.

2) We add a little bit of code to query the registry for OpenGL drivers.

3) If any OpenGL drivers are found, redirect our OpenGL32's gl functions
to the driver.

4) Implement ExtEscape*() function, so the ICD can communicate with the
kernel gdi/display driver.

Peace,

Royce3

* It's my educated guess that this is the function that ICDs use to talk
to the GDI driver. Somebody who's good at API snooping might be able to
confirm this.