[ros-kernel] Coding style/indentation (again!?)

Gunnar André Dalsnes hardon at online.no
Sat Jan 31 20:16:17 CET 2004

> Have a look at the attached example code to see if there's
> something you
> don't like, and try to find an indent option that fix the issue.

I forgot to send the attachment. Here it is...

> OPTIONS ON HOW TO INDENT:
>
> 2) Everyone does as in 1) BUT the cvs-server revokes the commit it it
> doesn't follow the rulez.
> Pros: Simple and secure. I have tested this and it works great.
> Cons: Jason didn't like this...

Note that if the commit is revoked you _will_ get a informative message
about indentation being incorrect and a diff showing what's wrong. The
commit will not simply be revoked without you knowing what went wrong.

> 3) The cvs-server run indent on affected files after each commit
> I have tested this solution:
> http://www.loria.fr/~molli/fom-serve/cache/347.html
> Pros: Sounds good...
> Cons: If you commit changes to a file, the indented changes
> will not be
> reflected locally. You'll have to delete the file and update
> to get the
> indented changes. So if you make several commits without deleting and
> updating the file after each commit you will sometimes get errors when
> commiting (i got errors when i tested it).

I'm unable to reproduce this error so it could have been me doing
something wrong. Maybe this solution itn's so bad after all...

-Gunnar