[ros-kernel] React Operating System

Casper Hornstrup chorns at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 4 19:28:41 CET 2004

  _____

From: ros-kernel-bounces at reactos.com [mailto:ros-kernel-bounces at reactos.com]
On Behalf Of Rick Langschultz
Sent: 4. marts 2004 16:42
To: ReactOS Kernel List
Subject: [ros-kernel] React Operating System

In my humble opinion, in the past few weeks that I have been using React
Operating System I have been running into problems, bugs, and crashes. When
I post a message to the mailing list people always seem to put me down, many
people are insulting, there was a recent post where I just asked a question
instead of answering whether it could be done or not, people always seem to
be negative. If I want to "Port" something to React OS, I can, that is my
right as a computer user, and GPL. If I want to include GPL code from
another source into ReactOS, that should also be my right. Where would
Linux, and windows be without many different people asking questions about
how something works, if something can function, etc. I think instead of
putting someone down for it, people should try it. Where would reactos be if
nobody said "hey I want to try doing this.", it wouldn't exist. So I repost
my question here:

Can anybody tell me if Cygwin will run under react os, I would like to
either port/incorporate code into the kernel or another program.

Thanks for reading.

Rick Langschultz
Revelation Network
ABSLeadCoder at cox.net
ABSLeadCoder at msn.com

You have every right to to port programs to ReactOS if you wish, but you
also have to accept that when you post something to a media like a mailing
list, then people will express their opinions.
You cannot be sure that people will agree with you. Some might and some
might not. Fortunately people don't have to agree with you and you can
choose to ignore them.
In general, always ignoring people that don't agree with you won't make you
wiser though.

Cygwin won't run on ReactOS. What code would you like to incoroprate into
the kernel btw.?

Casper