[ros-kernel] WinCE application support for WINE and ReactOS

Aliberti Emanuele ea at iol.it
Sat Mar 6 11:59:47 CET 2004

Hi Steven,

> .....and check it out. My little messagebox test works on Windows. Ok
> soon then I go and run the same test on ReactOS but this time I run a
> copy of messagebox without changing the subsystem ID...Hey what do you
> know. It works =). I talked with Alexandre about it a bit and he said
> that WINE like ReactOS also shouldnt care about the subsystem ID so if
> someone is interested in testing just drop the messagebox programs and
> coredll.dll in to a directory and give it a shot.

I want to express my (humble) opinion about that "subsystem ID" (well,
the "what-the-hell-is-it-for? subsystem ID"). I think ReactOS shouldn't
ignore it like NT doesn't. I don't know about WinE, maybe their goal is
a Win32 emulator only. To make a long story short, I simply underline
one item: that field is the only new thing NT actually had.

ea