[ros-kernel] Re: Explorer in french

Martin Fuchs martin-fuchs at gmx.net
Sat Mar 13 16:13:43 CET 2004

Hello Gge,

> I have tested these fixes successfully.
> Then I had a look also at all the "Start/Démarrer" sub menus and found
> the follwowing to be changed :
>
> Démarrer/Rechercher --> Rechercher files
> => "files" should be changed to "Fichiers"
>
> Démarrer/Paramètres --> Desktop Setting
> => Desktop should be changed to "Bureau" .
> => Settings may be removed as we are in "Paramètres" sub menu
> => Note : This does not exist in Window . there is something in Control
> panel/panneau de configuration . so it's ok for me to have an entry
> here  for Desktop/Bureau

OK, I inserted your french transalations into Explorer.

> Démarrer/Programmes --> Administrative tools
> => Should be changed  to "Outils d'administration"

This one is not located in Explorer.
I found the strings for the user directory names to be defined in the
source file "lib/userenv/setup.c". But this is not yet internationalized.
The strings should be moved from the C code into string resources
and then translated into all languages.

Regards,

   Martin