[ros-kernel] Linux TCP...

Vizzini vizzini at reactos.com
Thu Mar 18 15:46:56 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 21:49, Rick Langschultz wrote:
> I am trying to write a tcp/ip driver for reactos? Can vizz or anyone
> get me some info,

Hey Rick.  There are a couple of people working on this at the moment,
so I wouldn't go writing one from scratch until after you've wrapped
your brain around what we already have (reactos/drivers/net/tcpip).  I'm
happy to help you out with whatever information you need, as I'm sure
the other network developers are.

> what was the first linux os to support tcp/ipv4? What should the
> compiled version be named, because Microsoft uses messed up naming in
> their dlls exes, etc. Thanks, I know, you can’t compile linux stuff in
> reactos, I am just using as a “framework” because I think linux is
> pretty stable in its tcp protocol so I want to port to windows, just
> as long as I could be done. Another question is should I include code
> in the driver to recognize devices such as ne2000 compatibles???,

Some of our TCP/IP code was based on Linux; look around in the source
for more information.  We already have an ISA NE2000 driver, too.

 -Vizzini