[ros-kernel] dependency checking

Hartmut Birr hartmut.birr at gmx.de
Fri Mar 19 22:47:38 CET 2004

Hi,

I would add dependency checking to more make files. Currently this is
not possible for all components. The environment on windows is limited
to 32k and some large components produces a to large environment.
Usually it is not necessary to export any variable if some of the make
files (rules.mak ..) are included at the right position. An other way is
to export only the variables from rules.mak. I've tested this on win xp
and ros. It works for msvcrt. Could someone else make the same test for
the other build platforms (linux, win98, win2k, ..)?

- Hartmut