[ros-translate] Proposed XML-format of the per language dictionary

Robert Köpferl rob at koepferl.de
Wed Feb 25 23:37:57 CET 2004

We don't want it as XML. What is XML?
Do it as the good old well known and approved RDMBS. Wheas, we don't
really need the R, but it's nice to have.

I'd suggest a Base of well known and the needed phrases and their
translation. Since we have the R in RDBMS, we can use a table for each
language and connect these tables via an 1:1 reference. This is good for
atuomatisms (scripts) and an easy SQL-statement is enough to either
retrieve the actual translation or the default (eng.) translation.

How 's this made with XML?
Who wirtes the appropriate parser?
Who cares about integrity?
How does it scale (22000 Entries)?