[ros-dev] ReactOS eating CPU time

Casper Hornstrup chorns at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 16 20:57:32 CET 2004

> Yes, real hardware! It's the GUI! Explorer! I can run ROS for
> one week in cmd only mode, compile and so on! But, when in
> the GUI, it slows down! So slow you can watch the char's type
> across the cmd window.
>
> It good to see others haven the same problem I've been
> writing about for months now!
> James

I'm pretty sure my problem is not the same. I don't boot into GUI
and I let ReactOS be idle for a while and the VMware monitor still
use all CPU time. With Linux it does the same until a few seconds
after leaving GRUB. Then CPU usage varies until Linux is idle and
yhen CPU usage is almost zero. I suspect maybe it is due to Linux
utilizing power management and VMware recognizes it or something
like that.

Casper