[ros-dev] Bounty: Namespace Service Provider

art yerkes ayerkes at speakeasy.net
Fri Nov 26 11:16:20 CET 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:36:23 +0100
"Casper Hornstrup" <chorns at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> > I don't doubt that the approach could be improved, but nobody
> > else stepped up to code this.  My basic opinion is that
> > functionality is better than vapor, especially when it helps
> > us exercise other parts of the system.
>
> In the past we've tried hard to implement ReactOS the way Windows
> is documented to be and I don't see why we should change that now.
> The WinSock stack is layered and can handle multiple protocols so
> I don't see why you would want to put such TCP/IP specifics into
> ws2_32.dll which is (or used to be) just a dumb dispatcher to
> WinSock Service Providers.

We're in agreement that it should be moved to use a layered provider,
but I think we disagree about how important it is at the moment.  In any
case, I'm willing to put up some money to get this done as it's difficult
to get volunteers.  I'll get to it eventually if nobody else does but it
definately won't be this year.

Well if anybody is willing to take me up on the bounty and implement it
earlier, I'm offering $50.

Art
--
Here's a simple experiment. Stand on a train track between two locomotives
which are pushing on you with equal force in opposite directions. You will