[ros-dev] RE: [ros-diffs] [CVS reactos] Added gethostbynameimplementation written by Adam Kelly (insulanus).

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 05:40:48 CET 2004

Hi Casper,

--- Casper Hornstrup <chorns at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> I don't see why you would want to put such TCP/IP specifics into
> ws2_32.dll which is (or used to be) just a dumb dispatcher to
> WinSock Service Providers.

Its not a matter of wanting to do it that way ot not. Art just said it
was not correct as in the Microsoft way of doing it. Its just no one
wrote a correct implementation and most of us want to tcpip networking
mostly working ASAP. The way I see it, its better to slightly break the
design short term if it means more developers coming in to help.

Thanks
Steven