[ros-dev] 0.2.7?

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 06:16:45 CEST 2005

magnus at itkonsult-olsen.com wrote:
> Hi
> I think we should wait until 0.3.0 are ready.
> and I do not see any real reason to make 0.2.7 release.

I agree with WaxDragon in that 0.2.7 would be good.  It's good to have
more frequent milestones that the public can see, and since people have
been mailing in about it (refer back to the posts that Jason Filby
forwarded here to the dev list) people *are* watching it.

More releases make sense because it keeps people interested.  As more
things work, people will go, "Look at how cool this is!" and when things
grow nearer to a point of completion for a 1.0 release, more people will
be using it, because it started out at something "cool!" and then they'd
be using it because they know about it because they were told by someone
who was excited by it.

That's theoretical, mind, but it's very likely.  Also, more frequent
releases can mean more coverage by media, which is also good -- serves
to get the name out there.  The more people that there are interested in
it, the more that may help to develop it, the more that will test and
use it, the more that will help provide information on it, and so forth.

I think it'd be beneficial.

	- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                               <fd0man at gmail.com>
Website: http://fd0man.chadeux.net/     Jabber: mtrausch at jabber.com
Phone: +1-(678)-522-7934              FAX (US Only): 1-866-806-4647
Do you have PGP or GPG?  Key at pgp.mit.edu, Please Encrypt E-Mail!