[ros-dev] packet manager

Maarten Bosma Maarten.Paul at bosma.de
Sat Jan 1 18:48:21 CET 2005

Alex Ionescu wrote:

> I guess you mean a Package Manager :)
Yes, of course. :)

> An XML lib is something we will probably integrate into the
> tree at one point anyways.
Actually we already have one. (Expat)

> Why do you "need" a scripting language? It can be done in C, and the
> meta-data can be stored in XML and read with XML libs, some of which are
> open-source.
Of course I don't want to code the program in python. But the plans are
not to host the binaries ourself, but to let the developers of the apps
do that job. But each developer stores his app in a different way. This
is why we need some kind of install script.

> I like it, I think it should be a new tab in Add/Remove programs.
We thought that we could implement it as a dll. So that I could be there
as well as in a stand-alone program.

Maarten Bosma
	alias Dr. Fred