[ros-dev] A new sub-project

Mike Nordell tamlin at algonet.se
Thu Mar 17 19:45:41 CET 2005

rlangschultz wrote:

> Is it alright if i incorporate a database filesystem and a port
> of project looking glass into ReactOS.

I originally prepared a long and elaborate response to this, until I
realized what you call a filesystem simply can't be a filesystem at all.
Could it perhaps be a filesystem database?

So instead of picking it apart piece-by-piece before I have the whole
picture, perhaps you could elaborate a bit? Exactly what is it? What's its
intended usage? How much memory would it need? How much space (and how many
entries) would it need in the ReactOS source code repository (I suspect this
thinkg + MySQL + MaxDB + TCL isn't exactly lightweight)?

Also, for the ones of us that think of Looking Glass as the (no longer)
company behind titles such as Ultima Underworld, System Shock and Thief,
could you perhaps explain a bit more about it? What is it, what is it used
for, and how would it benefit the majority of ReactOS users?

/Mike