[ros-dev] Service Control Manager, Plug and Pray, SMB and RPC

Royce Mitchell III royce3 at ev1.net
Sun Mar 27 15:32:58 CEST 2005

Eric Kohl wrote:

> Sure, this is possible but I'm going to replace this code by RPC-based
> code as soon as possible. I have an almost-working implementation of
> OpenSCManagerA/W and CloseServiceHandle in my source-tree.
>
> Which service manager functions do you need the most? I'll add the
> required features to WIDL next.
>
> Unfortunately ReactOS is causing me some headache because it bugchecks
> in CSRSS(??) while booting and I couldn't figure out what goes wrong.
>

> Regards,
> Eric

Part of the reason he's bringing this up is because I was asking what
was necessary to get working before we could dynamically load drivers
through SCM. I'm working on learning driver development, but want to do
it in ReactOS.

Anyways, these functions look most necessary...

OpenSCManager
CreateService
ControlService
OpenService