[ros-dev] Service Control Manager, Plug and Pray, SMB and RPC

Eric Kohl eric.kohl at t-online.de
Mon Mar 28 00:14:41 CEST 2005

Royce Mitchell III wrote:

> Part of the reason he's bringing this up is because I was asking what
> was necessary to get working before we could dynamically load drivers
> through SCM. I'm working on learning driver development, but want to do
> it in ReactOS.
>
> Anyways, these functions look most necessary...
>
> OpenSCManager
> CreateService
> ControlService
> OpenService
> CloseServiceHandle
> DeleteService
> QueryServiceStatus
> EnumServicesStatus

All functions except for ControlService, QueryServiceStatus and
EnumServiceStatus are supported by the current WIDL. The functions above
require support for 'pointers to structs'. It will take about a weekend
to implement and test this feature on Windows but this doesn't mean it
will work on ReactOS because rpcrt4 might need some work either.

Then we only need to implement these functions in the SCM.

Eric