[ros-dev] Network connection config dialog prototype

WaxDragon waxdragon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 00:43:13 CEST 2005

I personally would start with a simple dialog that addresses the
current state of networking.  A dialog that had a radio toggle between
DHCP and static, and the required static fields.  IP Address, NetMask,
Default Gateway, and DNS Server(s).

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 14:01:33 +0100, Andrew Silver Blade Greenwood
<lists at silverblade.co.uk> wrote:
> Following some discussion with Art Yerkes via email, I've been toying
> around with a resource editor and shifted XP's network connection
> configuration dialog around:
>
> www.furrybeans.co.uk/stuff/netdlg.jpg
>
> Note that this will not be the final dialog, nor will that exact one be
> used - I'm using a resource editor just so I don't have to painstakingly
> recreate each control just to see what it looks like. It's just
> convenient for laying out a prototype.
>
> Ignore the image at the top left - that was there already.
>
> Compare with XP or 2000's dialog and let me know what improvements you
> can think of.
>
> -Andrew

The cheese stands alone.