[ros-dev] Re: [ros-diffs] [ea] 18199: - add copyright notice

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 05:41:00 CEST 2005

Hi,

--- Alex Ionescu <ionucu at videotron.ca> wrote:
> Did I miss something? You and I are the original two people that worked
> on this idea and generated the standard ReactOS header, after which I
> asked someone to replace it all over the ntoskrnl and other places
> except wine-libs (he gave up after the kernel though). At the time you
> clearly indicated that having
> COPYRIGHT: See COPYING file in top-level directory. and
> PROGRAMMERS: Foo, Bar, Bez
>
> was sufficient and would make standard headers easier and significantly
> reduce disk/bandwidth costs.

That counts as a valid header...sorry your choice of words "remove license headers" seemed to
imply that there would be no header at all. It is fine if you want to do that for all code that is
developed by members of the ReactOS project. Any code from a third party project, Wine, Mesa,
zlib, etc needs to maintain the original header.

Thanks
Steven