[ros-dev] A call for 0.2.8

Magnus Olsen magnus at itkonsult-olsen.com
Tue Oct 11 18:24:39 CEST 2005

Hi
I do not think it good idea for 0.2.8
winquake works, But not Quake2 any longer in ros, last time I try it.
But we manger getting other software working in ros. Before any new relase
of
ros I would like see this being fix. Another fix I wold like see is the
Diablo 2 installer crash
being fix. it is same crash as StarCraft got.  I know GvG and Filip are
aware this problem
and GvG need think how to fix Diablo 2 and StarCaft  Installer. it is
releate to DIB create.
The Quake2 problem iI do not know excaly  why it freze, and I ´not going to
check it any
fututer  what the oroblem lies. I have not check the Unreal Turment or
Tribles if they are still
working,   DrFred reportetd CS does not crash if it does not found right
ressoltion, as it did
before, it was releate to a bug in win32k  ntddraw code (directdraw),

I am against any new release until we got 0.3.0 roadmap inplace. I  alot of
people do not
want see a 0.2.x release. The are waiting on 0.3.0. For the network.