[ros-dev] Idea for the textual setup of ReactOS

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Fri Oct 14 13:13:06 CEST 2005

David Hinz schreef:
> Well, I had this idea some days ago, but until now nobody really liked
> my idea to create a graphical setup on the base of LiveCD...
Nobody talked about installing from the LiveCD yet. Actually that's
impossible currently, due to memory constraints and directory troubles.
ReactOS installation cdrom uses the \REACTOS directory on cdrom, and the
LiveCD does the same thing.
Installed ReactOS also does the same thing. Last limit would be ISO size
probably.

A real GUI setup program on the installation cdrom might be doable, but
drifts further away from a nice goal: installation on 80486/16MB systems
(like Win95)

bring up your ideas in the ReactOS forums, I usually don't get a
response here on the developers(!) mailinglist either :)

Bernd