[ros-dev] Audit

Daniel Reimer reimer.daniel at freenet.de
Mon Sep 24 11:58:41 CEST 2007

James Tabor schrieb:
> Hi!
> Ged wrote:
>
>> Aleksey Bragin wrote:
>>
>>> Well-well, please calm down, we had enough flamewars, a new one is
>>> not necessary.
>>>
>> I'm sure James knows it's not my intention to start a flamewar :)
>>
>> Alex Ionescu wrote:
>>
>>> Now you may not agree with that view, but that's James' view.
>>>

>> It's not whether I agree with that view, that person, that project, that
>> foundation or whatever.
>> I just disagree with constantly publically slagging off another project,
>> especially one which we rely heavily on.
>>
>> Ged.
>>

> I'm trying to warn everyone.
> James

I think a 3rd Party Audit shows only one thing (or better two things) I
think the members of this project know the Source best and will see all
Code which could be "dangerous", like strange Inline Assembler or Magic
Numbers. A 3rd Party Audit shows that they need help to even understand
the Code because they never wrote/understand it and it was just copy
pasted it from somewhere. There might be the argument that letting some
ppl from outside of the project do the Audit may be more trustful. But I
trust the devs and you all should do, too! If some dickheads that are
not even members of this Project try to give us the order to do
somethhing we should not even listen to them.

/me walks to the side where Jim and Magnus are standing.

Daniel "EmuandCo" Reimer