[ros-dev] want to learn

James Walmsley james at worm.me.uk
Thu Nov 12 18:29:28 CET 2009

To understand low-level programming concepts, you need to understand
hardware, and have a good idea of what happens to the cpu for a
particular line of code. The only way to get on-top of this, is to
read systems architecture books, (of which the intel pdfs will be of
great help).

This isn't going to be an overnight process, and will probably take
years of studying and experimenting. Probably all of the ReactOS devs
have been tinkering with computers and programming since they we're
just out of nappys. (Well almost).

Try researching embedded development, because thats really what kernel
development is.

Regards

James