[ros-dev] arwinss does not mean compatibility

James Tabor jimtabor.rosdev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 03:14:39 CET 2010

The point was made on IRC, if we are having issues, "I'll just have to
use arwinss then". This was in reference to the region leak. We see
the leak due to the compatibility of ReactOS. We use tools from the
"Net" to examine the GDI handle counts. Might I add a point, these
tools are written for Windows. ;^) How do we really know that the same
leak does not occur with arwinss. Are there tools to measure this? Are
there checks in wine to make sure wine does not exceed a limit? So
far, from the patches added to arwinss from ReactOS, there are
limitations to the use of wine. These same patches have been added to
ReactOS after porting wine. Is it safe to assume, we have these same
limitations in ReactOS? Can we help that we use wine 24/7 when we
sync/port from wine? ReactOS has the same bugs if we do. Over and over
this has been the issue in the past.

Pick on someone else for this leak, I'm not looking for it anymore,
James

There was a leak before I started to fix it. Bug 4980