[ros-dev] [VMWINST]

caemyr at myopera.com caemyr at myopera.com
Sun Sep 4 18:50:41 UTC 2011

Since when vmware is the most common testing platform?:> I also agree, tha Vbox has taken up the first place... This module is not working properly, due to changes in Vmware 7 (and perhaps even earlier). Sure, you can hack around it, by providing the driver manually... but its not what this module was supposed to do in the first place?

What's worse, it is using some ugly methode of detecting Vmware host, by probing one specific pipe. On other hosts, this attempt throws an exception. If we plan to run ROS tests with /FIRSTCHANCE this module needs to disappear.

In my opinion, VMWINST should either be fixed to deal with new Vmware, or be sent to its hard-earned retirement.

--
With best regards
Caemyr