[ros-general] Wait a second...

jwalsh at bigpond.net.au jwalsh at bigpond.net.au
Mon Oct 17 17:53:20 UTC 2005

Sorry, Wesley.
But all Maxims (an adage is merely that) of behaviour, good or bad, are unreliable. They are mostly to be found on desk calendars or on fridge doors.
I call them Fridge Magnetisms.
Whatsmore they can never be taken as Law; they actually contradict the term Law.
Such adages can, under certain conditions, even be utter nonsense like:
WYSIWYG, "The best way to predict the future is to invent it", "Power comes from the barrel of a gun", "suck it and See".
Or be quite sensible like: Keep It Sweet and Simple", "what goes up must come down".
However I do agree that delivering something to argue over is better than empty theory. So please keep making your point.
Both sense and nonsense are necessary (necessety  ~ law) part of our human makeup.
They must live together: but in two houses with a tall fence between.
Why not then, create two categories of ros-general according to the law of:
Theory and
Practice.
Perhaps it already exists?
An old man like me does not want to spend the rest of his life arguing with the young, but merely be nearby to lend a bit of advice now and again (behind a tall fence).
For what it is worth.
Regards and rosucceed
Justin