[ros-general] A note to all you ReactOS Developers

jwalsh at bigpond.net.au jwalsh at bigpond.net.au
Thu Oct 20 22:41:06 UTC 2005

Yes Al, I agree.
I remember when Be and the BeBox were first announced. Wow ! was I excited.
A while back I discovered SkyOS and my old excitement was revived.
       http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SkyOS
They had the professionalism and the open source principles in balance.
I also stumbled on  Haiku too.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haiku_(operating_system)
Only now is the whole thing comming together in my aging head.
My excitement is returning (again).
But I am still worried that autocracy of professionalism is a two edged sword.
Open and close are not only heterogenous concepts.
They are also homogenous.
Each being the condition of the existence of the other.
I remain optimistic

Cheers and rosuccess

Justin