[ros-dev] Undocumented APIs

Andrew "Silver Blade" Greenwood reactos at silverblade.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 02:20:54 CET 2006

I don't see how we'd not have DirectX, PnP, USB, network etc. Software
does depend on these things.

If an API is undocumented, or the documentation is wrong... As has been
said time and time again, perform clean-room reverse engineering.

This doesn't necessarily apply to stuff we *need* essentially. You might
want some obscure API implemented which is undocumented - all you'd need
to do is make sure it was reversed *cleanly*.

Which requires the interest of at least 2 developers - one to reverse
and document, the other to code.

If that's the general procedure we are to take, then **I don't see what
the problem is**.