[ros-kernel] ReactOS is not loading auto-start drivers anymore

Filip Navara xnavara at volny.cz
Mon Apr 12 18:29:25 CEST 2004

Hi Eric,

Eric Kohl wrote:

>Yes, but the main issues is that LookupPrivilegeValue() is a hack that won't
>work for services.exe when it is implemented correctly. This is because
>LookupPrivilegeValue() uses RPC calls to retrieve information from
>lsass.exe. There is no guarantee that lsass.exe and rpcss.exe are running
>when services.exe loads the first driver. Thus, services.exe will not be
>able to load drivers.

you're right that the current implementation of LookupPrivilegeValue is
a hack and I will remove it and revert all the changes. Can you tell me
how Services gets the Load Driver privilage on real Windows?

>BTW, we really need to get RPC working because the service control calls in
>advapi32.dll also use RPC to call into services.exe.

Right. Current I have a working hacky implementation that I will only
commit to branch until a correct implemenation will be coded. Robert
Shearman from Wine contacted me and sent me and IDL that repesents the
SCM RPC calls. He also created a big RPCRT patch sometime before and so
I will soon look into implementing it correctly.

Regards,
Filip