[ros-dev] Re: [ros-svn] [ekohl] 16393: - Move definitions from ntpnp.h into NDK and DDK

Eric Kohl eric.kohl at t-online.de
Mon Jul 4 00:16:05 CEST 2005

Alex Ionescu wrote:

> Heh, you beat me to it! I asked Filip if it was OK to do this and was
> going to do it myself, thanks for thinking foward. I just have two
> comments:

I just wanted to push some of my changes for 0.2.7 out of the door
before it is too late and my pile of patches gets too large to handle. ;-)

>    - I think the GUIDs are undocumented, while wdmguid.h is a DDK
> header. Therefore, adding them there breaks MS DDK compatibility, since
> we'll get undefined errors if we build with it. Sorry to nitpick about
> compatibility again.

Yep, you're right. I'll move them out of the way.

>    - To keep size small and to stick with the current way the NDK has
> been made, I would prefer if there were no coments in it that describe
> or document structures. The comments should go on top of the actual APIs
> in the source files. Sorry for nitpicking again ;-).

Agreed! I only wanted to make sure that Filips comments won't get lost
because they are the only information we have about the NtPlugPlay
functions. I'll move it into ntoskrnl/io/plugplay.c.

Regards,
Eric